Thursday, March 17, 2011

Self Evaluation Paper

This is my self-evaluation paper.  I am going to explain how my writing has changed since the first day of class to the last essay, and also some of my strengths and weaknesses as a writer. 
Before I enrolled into Eng121 course, I knew how to write an essay, but my strengths were limited. My first and second essays were improperly punctuated, had a weak body structure, and fused sentences.  Even though I tried my best but sometimes I could not succeed in getting my point across clearly. I have a many weaknesses; one of them is the language barrier because my first language is Vietnamese therefore, sometime it could be difficult for me to understanding English. I found it quite frustrating when I have a lot of spelling problem and limitation of vocabulary to express my thought or feeling correctly.
Through this English class and personal reading experiences I have gained an appreciation for literature and have been able to relate to each experience by responding with understanding, sensitivity, and insight. My English improved dramatically through reading many journal entries, essays and novel,   and various open class discussions.  I learned many new words, idioms, grammar structures and expressions in this class. The course deals with reading, writing, and teaching how to use grammar properly, my vocabulary has definitely increased.  I also have gained the knowledge that correcting each draft brings my paper one step closer to constructing a well-organized and perfect.  My first strong point as a student in English class was critically evaluating a novel or an article that we had previously read.  I felt that I excelled the most in those assignments because expressing my opinion on paper along with critiquing was one of my better strengths. My second strong point was participating in open class discussions; I tried to firmly explain my opinions to my classmates without disrespecting their own beliefs. One of my favorite assignments was when we had the opportunity to pick an article out of a nationally known newspaper or website of our choice, read and critically analyze it; this assignment introduced to the class how to begin a critical review of an article or an essay. I received a high grade on the assignment and have enjoyed the lessons ever since. 
My plan for self improvement is that I will continue to read and practice my writing essay skills.   Hopefully, one day I will achieve my personal goals as a writer and have better communication skills. 

43 comments:

  1. cool...it rely helped me i hav a paper due in like 2 days so i fnally noe how to start it thnku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you this really helped, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done, wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the help lol. I hope you achieve your goals!!! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you a lot. This really helped me, I had no idea in how to write an self assessment letter at first. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have any problems with writing, feel free to ask our writers for help! HelpWriting.net is ready to help with any kind of academic writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Good evaluation essay topics

    ReplyDelete